Thursday, May 17, 2007

Oh my f%$^ing God!

I'm sorry to blaspheme on the occasion of the righteous death of Jerry Falwell (yeah, I said that right). I hesitated exactly one day to mark his passing. It may be unChristian to speak ill of the dead, but I think Jesus is on my side on this one. Jerry Falwell was a hateful bigot and there was absolutely nothing Christian about him. It has amazed me in the past couple of days how people on 'my' side of the political spectrum want to 'praise' the reverend for his 'faith' and 'conviction'. Even Al Sharpton had kind words to say about that fat prick, and that really pisses me off. Maybe Al forgets the early 80's when good ol' Jerry was begging his congegation to buy krugerrands to help prop up PW Botha's apartheid government. Or how he blamed Al, and me, and you, for 9/11. But perhaps his biggest crime, one that sadly just keeps on giving, is the inspiration he gave to bloodthirsty sickos like Ann Coulter. Here is Ann, today, in her column's eulogy of Larry Flynt's favorite motherfucker:

I note that in Falwell’s list of Americans he blamed for ejecting God from public life, only the blacks got a qualifier. Falwell referred to blacks who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle.

No Christian minister is going to preach that being a Negro is godly behavior, but Falwell didn’t add any limiting qualifications to his condemnation of feminists, the ACLU or People for the American Way.

There have always been colored people — even in the prelapsarian ’50s that Jerry Falwell and I would like to return to, when God protected America from everything but ourselves.

What Falwell was referring to are the black activists — the ones who kept sitting at lunch counters where they clearly weren’t welcome, blamed Wallace for segregation, and keep trying to teach small schoolchildren about “busing.”

Don't rest in peace, Jerry. Instead, enjoy the red hot pokers in hell that you so richly deserve. God willing you'll have Ann's company there real soon.

No comments: