Friday, March 30, 2007

Strange Mayonnaise

I was reading about the Mandeans (members of a monotheistic, pacifistic religion that holds John the Baptist as the Most Important Spiritual Home-Slice You'd Ever Want To Know) on their official website and stumbled across this gem of an article by a Christian reverend on how Islamists in Baghdad are returning the grand city into an early Islamic Caliphate-era dump.

Outlawed "post-Muhammad" anachronisms include: mayonnaise, ice coolers, goatees ("Jew beards," according to the extremists), and falafels.

And you know I love me some falafels...


(I'm not hating on Islam, of course, just extremism/falafel-haterism. I mean, I'm against violence. But if you take away a man's delicious chickpeas... Well, it's enough to make me want to fire some attorney generals and start a war with somebody...)

No comments: